What Is The Best Home Gym You Can But If You Want An All In One Unit?
A home gym can help you forge the body of your dreams, or it can sit in the corner and collect dust. All in one gym equipment needs to be chosen properly so that you have a piece of equipment that can help you reach your goals quickly and efficiently.
Body Solid EXM3000LPS Double Stack Home Gym
Our favorite for 2020
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym
A great value option
Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym
An amazing machine
But there is also a lot to consider. Do you want to work primarily your arms, or legs? Do you have the space for a homegym that meets your needs?
The type of machine also needs to be considered. Bowflex may use resistance bars, while other machines will typically utilize weight plates. The main difference is the type of workout you’ll get as a result: weight plates provide less time under pressure than what is provided through a resistance bar.
A few things to consider are:
- Resistance Type: As mentioned previously, your muscles need to be under consistent tension to grow appropriately. Weight plates do not provide the same resistance as a band because the band will provide tension for a longer duration of the movement. But weight plates provide a more accurate measure of the weight being lifted.
- Exercises: The amount of exercises offered is important. Rotating exercises for the same muscle allows your body to not adapt and get stuck in a plateau.
- Weight Limits: The amount of resistance or weight allowed to be lifted on a machine needs to be a thought. You need to make sure the maximum weight offered will be high enough to be a challenge for you.
The Best Home Gym Reviews
Body Solid EXM3000LPS Double Stack Home Gym – The EXM3000LPS is a massive home gym that uses plate weights and offers everything from a bench press to incline press and leg extensions. Three users can use this model at a time, and there are two weight stacks that allow users to max out at 210 pounds of weight.
Spanning 73” x 83” x 91”, this machine is deeper than most, yet it’s still compact enough to fit in a basement or larger room.
A leg press station, leg extension and multi-press station are included. High pulleys allow for lat pulldowns and a mid-pulley station allows for substantial abdominal workouts.
Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym – The Bowflex Xtreme 2SE offers up to 70 exercise possibilities, all in one machine. Compact in size, you can fit this model in most living rooms with ease. But moving it will require a little assistance due to the durable design.
Resistance is provided through resistance rods that offer 210 pounds of resistance and can be upgraded to 310 – 410 pounds if needed.
An integrated lat tower allows for upper back workouts, while the leg extension machine lets you work your quads. Squats can even be done on the lower pulley as well as workouts for all of your muscle groups.
If you’re looking for a high-end home gym, the Xtreme is a good choice.
Bowflex Blaze Home Gym – The Blaze is an exceptional model if for nothing else, its entry-level status. But don’t get me wrong, this model offers 60 gym-quality exercises that can be performed at any time. You’ll be able to do leg extensions, leg curls, chest exercises, lat pulldowns, and more.
Power rod resistance allows for 210-pound resistance with the option to upgrade to 410 pounds.
This machine measures 90” x 83” x 38” – small enough for an apartment. A squat station is provided via the lower pulley station which allows for a robust workout that is able to target all of your major muscle groups.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym – An older Bowflex model that is perfect for the budget-friendly shopper. The PR1000 provides you with 30 strength-building exercises from seated rows to a standard bench press and curls. A horizontal bar is included so that you can perform lat pulldowns as well as bench presses properly.
Spanning 100” x 78”, this machine is ideal for most homes.
A rowing rail is included to allow you to not only build strength, but also boost cardiovascular health. Resistance of up to 210 pounds is offered. Keep in mind that you will not be able to upgrade this home gym to a higher resistance. When you’re done, you can fold the PR1000 up to save on space.
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage – The Marcy Diamond is different because it allows you to perform free weight exercises, which help build stabilizer muscles better than most home gyms. This model also allows for leg extensions and leg curls as well as the ability to perform shoulder and bench presses.
Built to allow the user to perform over 100 exercises, there are cable attachments on the top of the machine to allow for targeting your triceps and shoulder muscles.
The machine offers a 600-pound total weight capacity. A rack, free weight and cable machine built-in-one, you can do virtually any exercise you want with this machine. And the bench can be pushed back to allow you to do flys with the cables, or angled to perform incline bench presses.
Marcy Diamond provides you with a variety of exercise options, and it’s a great crossover machine that allows for various types of tension, whether it be cabled or free weights.
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose The Right All In One Trainer Gym For You
Choosing the right all in one gym for you is a very difficult and personal choice. There are a lot of home gyms available, and prices can range from the low hundreds of dollars, all the way to the two thousand dollar or more range.
And if you’re just starting out, you probably don’t need the most expensive trainer gym, or the highest level of resistance or weight limit.
It’s very important that you keep the following points in mind:
- Price: The price of the machine must be considered due to the wide range of price options. If you’re at the premium end of the market, you’ll be able to purchase one of the better models, but you’ll also find models around the mid-range point that offer up to 60 potential exercises that can be performed.
- Size: Home gyms need a lot of space, especially when they offer leg extension options. The home gym you choose must be able to fit in your space. And if it doesn’t, you’ll spend a ton of money shipping the item back to the manufacturer.
- Cardio: The main focus of these gyms will be muscle building, but there are some with rowing machines included. With the ability to perform rows, you’ll be able to increase your cardiovascular health and burn calories faster, which is essential when trying to lose weight.
Home gyms come in a multitude of price ranges and weight ranges. When choosing your model, make sure it’s budget-friendly while offering must-needed exercises that are aligned with your own personal fitness goals.