How to Find the Best Anti Fatigue Mat After 2015
The standing desk trend is sweeping across the world, and it’s easy to see why: sitting all day is killing us – quite literally. With most people working desk jobs, we’re spending most of our day (at least 8 hours) sitting in a chair. Poor posture and lack of movement is contributing to some serious health issues, like obesity and heart disease.
Our favorite for 2017
Imprint® CumulusPRO Professional Anti-Fatigue Mat
A great value option
Royal Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat
Multi-Surface – Marble, wood, laminate or any flooring
Standing desks help combat the problem, but standing all day can be hard on your feet. That’s where an anti-fatigue mat comes in. These specially-designed mats make it comfortable to stand for long periods of time.
But here’s the problem: with most mats looking exactly the same, how can you even begin to compare and narrow down your choices? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Size: Don’t underestimate the importance of the mat’s size. Yes, you may fit standing with your feet together, but if you change positions throughout the day, you may need more space. And taller users will naturally need a larger mat.
- Quality: If you’re spending all day on your feet, you want a mat that’s going to last. Look for models made with quality materials, preferably eco-friendly. Foam is a good option as it will maintain its shape even with heavy use.
- Multi-purpose: While you may be using this mat with your standing desk, it may be nice to also have the option of using your mat at home in the kitchen or bathroom. Versatility will add to the value of the mat.
Still not sure which mat to choose? We’ve selected five of the best-selling models to help you find the right one for your needs.
The 5 Best Anti Fatigue Kitchen Mat Reviews
Sky Mat Anti Fatigue Mat 20” x 39” – Sky Mat’s anti-fatigue floor mat is comfortable, safe and durable. Commercial-grade thickness ensures knee and foot stability, so you stay comfortable even when standing for long periods of time. In fact, Sky Solutions says this mat reduces pressure by up to 32%.
If you’re environmentally-conscious, you’ll be pleased to learn that this mat is built with high quality materials that do not emit toxic smells. And its beveled design prevents tripping, so you don’t have to worry about injuries whether you’re using this mat at work or at home in the kitchen.
Resistant to mildew and bacteria, this mat is backed by a lifetime warranty and will never over compress.
Imprint CumulusPRO Professional Standing Desk Mat – Measuring 20” x 30”, the Imprint CumulusPRO standing desk mat comes in multiple colors and is 97% thicker than most other mats. Its durable construction ensures that it doesn’t lose its shape over time. In fact, the mat is backed by a lifetime warranty.
All materials used to make this mat are free of heavy metals and formaldehyde. It’s also free of toxic smells and won’t leach chemicals. Phthalate-free, this mat is ideal for environmentally-conscious users.
A beveled design prevents slips and trips, while the memory foam features stay-flat technology, so you never leave an imprint behind.
With an antimicrobial surface that’s resistant to punctures, chemicals and abrasions, this mat is guaranteed not to lose support over time.
Royal Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat – A luxurious mat with an affordable price. Royal’s anti-fatigue mat spans 20” x 39”, so you have plenty of space to stand and move around. And it’s designed to relieve up to 40% pressure on your feet, knees and leg joints.
The non-slip backing allows this mat to be used on just about any type of flooring from wood to marble and laminate. Its bevel design also prevents tripping, folding and bending.
At 3/4” thick, this mat provides ample support, so you can focus on getting work done.
If you’re looking for a comfortable anti-fatigue mat that won’t cost you a fortune, this is it.
Genuine Joe Anti-Fatigue Mat – Genuine Joe’s anti-fatigue mat is built with vinyl foam and features a beveled edge to prevent slips and trips. Measuring three feet by five feet, this is a large mat, and it’s one of the most affordable options on our list.
With a thickness of 3/8”, you’ll enjoy comfortable support all day long, and the ribbed surface prevents accidental injuries.
Black in color, this mat fits nicely in any office, and its anti-skid backing ensures that it does not slide when placed on hard flooring.
The Genuine Joe mat is ideal for anyone on a tighter budget, and its durable surface can withstand extended use.
Imprint CumulusPRO Commercial Grade Standing Desk Mat – The Imprint CumulusPRO Commercial Grade mat is similar to our second pick, but its commercial-grade material makes it a bit more durable and long-lasting.
This model is also 97% thicker than most other mats, and is made with environmentally-friendly materials that are phthalate-free. Cushion-Core technology minimizes fatigue while improving comfort, so you stay more productive.
The beveled design ensures that edges never curl, so you never have to worry about tripping or slipping on the mat. Its high-density core holds its shape, and the polyurethane construction is highly durable.
If you need a heavy-duty mat that can stand up to extensive use, this Imprint mat is the right choice.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Fatigue Mat for You
Buying a mat of any kind should be easy, right? It normally is, but if you plan on standing on the mat all day, you want to make sure that you choose a model that offers the support and level of comfort you need.
Consider these factors when choosing an anti-fatigue mat:
- Pressure Relief: One of the main advantages of having an anti-fatigue mat is its pressure-relieving qualities. The right mat can significantly reduce the pressure on your knees, hips and other leg joints, so you stay comfortable all day long.
- Safety: Mats are a great way to make your standing desk a little more comfortable to use, but the wrong mat can be a safety hazard. If the edges curl or slide, you may find yourself tripping over it and possibly injuring yourself. Look for mats that have beveled designs (most do) to prevent edge curling and tripping. Also, make sure that the bottom has a non-sip surface, so the mat stays in place at all times.
- Material: Consider the material the mat is made out of. Foam provides long-lasting support and is highly durable. You may also want to look for mats that use eco-friendly materials that don’t emit toxic smells.
- Thickness: Finally, consider the thickness of the mat, which is an indicator of how much support you’ll get. The thicker the mat, the higher the comfort level in most cases. Keep in mind, however, that thicker mats will add to your overall height, so you may need to adjust your monitor height accordingly.