Let Us Help You Find the Right Stationary Bike If You’re Trying to Lose Weight
Weight loss is achievable. If you burn more calories than you consume, you’ll lose weight, but it’s easier said than done. One of the best ways to lose weight is to ride a bike, and you can do this right in the comfort of your home with a stationary bike.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
Our favorite for 2017
Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle
A very close runner-up
Pro Indoor Cycling Bike by Sunny Health & Fitness
Indoor cycling bike with 40-pound flywheel
Old users can even choose a recumbent bike because they’re more focused on the legs and require less muscle input as a result. There are recumbent exercise bike benefits. The benefits include:
- Better back support
- Easier on the joints
- Larger seat
And the list goes on.
When choosing an exercise bike, you must compare the features available to you. Features that we recommend comparing are:
- Resistance Levels: If you want to build muscle and burn excess calories, resistance levels allow you to enhance your workout further. A machine with resistance levels allow you, the user, to benefit from their workout for the long-term with steady results along the way.
- Console: A console is essential to meet your goals. Even basic consoles ensure that users meet their distance and caloric goals when exercising.
- Recumbent Bike Vs Upright Bike: Recumbent bikes are ideal for older users, and upright bikes are preferential. The main difference is the lower seat of a recumbent and the back. An upright is harder to get positioned on properly and lacks back support. There is also added pressure on the joints and back because of the upright position.
If you’re new to purchasing exercise bikes, the information above will help you narrow down your choices.
Reviews of the Top Exercise Bikes for Weight Loss
Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike – The Marcy ME 709 is a recumbent exercise bike that has eight levels of resistance and is priced for the entry-level users. A tension knob allows the tension to be adjusted right in the middle of the unit under the large console.
An onboard console displays important metrics, such as: speed, calories, distance and time.
Foot straps adjust to keep the foot properly aligned when exercising. Built-in transport wheels allow users to easily transport the 66-pound unit around the home. Handles are present near the seat and under the monitor to help the user get up and down, and they add to the user’s comfort, too.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike – Exerpeutic’s folding magnetic exercise bike stands upright, and it has a weight capacity of 300 pounds to accommodate most users. This model has a large, cushioned seat that’s made for users that are 5’3” – 6’1” in height.
Heart rate monitoring is provided through the hand pulse monitor, and the unit has a small footprint due to its fold up design.
Ideal for apartments and smaller homes, the folding design and transport wheels allow this unit to be wheeled into the corner of a room. Eight levels of tension are provided through the magnetic resistance and are adjusted with a center knob.
A remote-control holder is present and the monitoring system allows you to monitor calories, distance, speed, scan and heart rate.
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike – The 900XL is an extended capacity model that’s able to fit users up to 300 pounds, and the bike weighs just 63 pounds. Eight magnetic resistance levels are present, and you can customize your experience as you get stronger and more fit.
A large LCD display is easy-to-read and includes time, speed, calories burned and heart rate information.
The three-year warranty protects your purchase, and foot straps can be adjusted to allow you to secure your feet. Quiet operation and hand pulse sensors make this the ideal at-home machine for anyone trying to slim down during winter.
Transportation wheels are present, but the unit is not foldable.
Sunny Health & Fitness – SF-B901 Indoor Cycling Bike – The SF-B901 is an indoor cycling bike that is designed for fast speed cycling. Assembly is required, and this unit can support users up to 275 pounds. A 40-pound flywheel and heavy-duty crank allows for smooth operation.
The handlebars are adjustable as well as the padded seat to allow for a comfortable ride.
Transport wheels in the front of the machine make transport a breeze, and a knob allows for resistance adjustment. Multi-grip handles make riding a breeze, and there is a middle section that’s designed to prop up a book or tablet for those long workouts.
A digital monitor isn’t included, so this machine is better suited to users that can motivate themselves during a workout.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike – The Schwinn 270 is a recumbent bike that’s a high-end unit that’s ideal for users that are advanced or serious about their fitness goals. This model has a dual track LCD window system that offers 13 display feedback levels.
A total of 29 programs are built into the 270 including 4 user settings and goal tracking.
There are 25 resistance levels to push users to their limits, and a charging USB port and a data exchange feature are present. Users can connect to Schwinn Connect to track their goals and export their data to keep up with their fitness goals.
Speakers are present under the console as well as a built-in fan.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Exercise Bike and Watch Pounds Fall Off
When you’re spending your hard-earned money, you want to buy the best bike possible. Exercise bikes help you drop the pounds effortlessly, and you’ll get into the best shape of your life, too.
The best part is that you can exercise in the comfort of your own home – something that everyone can appreciate.
Choosing the right bike is difficult, but we urge you to keep the following points in mind to make your choice easier:
- Size: The overall size of a unit needs to be considered if you have a small space. A large unit that folds up may have a smaller footprint than a larger recumbent bike that can’t fold up. If you have a small space, consider folding bikes.
- Weight Capacity: You need to start your fitness journey somewhere, and an exercise bike is a good place to start. The one thing people don’t tell you is that there are weight limits on exercise bikes, so you need to make sure that the unit you choose can accommodate your weight – especially if you’re in the 300+ pound range.
- Programs: Don’t underestimate the importance of programs or tracking when on an exercise bike. If you’re a data-oriented person, the ability to keep track of your workout can mean the difference between losing weight or not reaching your goals. Higher-priced units have built-in programs.
If you want to increase your fitness level, an exercise bike will boost your cardiovascular health and allow you to reach your desired weight in the comfort of your own home.